Saturday, February 18, 2012

Satis


Address: Windeyer Street (Watson Shops), Watson, Canberra


As a vegetarian, it's hard to find a place to have brunch, particularly in Canberra, so when I came across Satis for the first time all i can remember thinking was AMAZING, SATISFIED, and LOVE. This place is aimed at vegetarians, vegans, and the health conscious- PERFECT!  
Since then? Well, to be honest... it's been hit and miss. This morning? MISS.

Why? I'm not sure. I keep thinking it could have something to do with my timing or change of chef? Either way, today something was definitely lacking.

Order1: Scrambled tofu on toast with a side of hash browns.
Drink: Jane Austin Tea.


Order2: Satis favorite: Scramble tofu, hash brown, organic feta, basil chili oil on toast. 
Drink:Wild berry smoothie.


Three words to describe: Bland,dry, slow.

Meal highs:
  • Pepita seeds- always a match made in heaven with tofu.
  • Feta cheese in the Satis favorite- sharp and perfect.
Meal lows:
  • Very, very slow service. We waited 45-1hr for our meals. 
  • Tofu and hash browns were bland:
    • Tofu usually soaks up its neighboring flavors but it failed to achieve this; and 
    • Hash browns lacked crunch and tasted more like boiled potatoes.
Service: Order your meals at the counter and prepare for a wait (happened every time we've been). Staff were friendly and apologetic of the wait.

Value for money: Very reasonable. Meals range from $4.50- $16.

Would I return: The positive side of me says yes. Like a drug, I'm chasing that high Satis gave me the first time. I believe I can have another great meal there.

My partner says no, to many bad experiences in a row = we need to find a new brunch place.

OVERALL  SCORE:  4/10




No comments:

Post a Comment